Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Monkey Bread


Can you tell it is getting colder out since most of my recent post have been sweets? Tis the season...to put on weight! Anyway, I have heard of monkey bread but have never tried it. I saw this on Pioneer Woman's blog and I figured I couldn't go wrong using her recipe. I was right...it was wonderful. And as with most things I make...it was easy. My only worry was my pan because I did not have a metal one. I have 2 bundt cake pans, one stoneware and one silicone. I went with the silicon and had no problem with anything sticking. I also submitted to the What's Cooking Ingredient Challenge.

From Pioneer Woman

INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup brown sugar
2 sticks of butter (1 cup)
2-3 teaspoons cinnamon
3 cans of Buttermilk Biscuits (the non-flaky ones)
1 cup sugar
bundt cake pan

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350.

Cut biscuits into quarters.

Combine the 1 cup of regular sugar with 2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon. Dump these into a 1 gallon zip bag and shake to mix evenly.

Spread these nuggets out evenly in your bundt pan.

Melt two sticks of butter together with 1/2cup of brown sugar. This can be light or dark brown sugar. Stir together over a medium-high heat until the two become one. Once the brown sugar butter has become one color, you can pour it over the biscuits.

Bake this @ 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes until the crust is a deep brown on top. It should like like this.


Here is a picture of it fresh out of the oven and waiting to be turned over.






2 comments: