Thursday, February 2, 2012

"Greek" Turkey and Orzo



I didn't have high expectations for this dish, but I thought I would give it a try since I had all the main ingredients on had. This actually had much more flavor than I thought it would. And don't leave out the lemon pepper seasoning, I think it really made a difference.To be honest I am not sure what makes this "Greek" besides using Greek yogurt, but it was quick and tasty regardless.


Adapted from: Betty Crocker

INGREDIENTS


1 pound ground turkey
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup uncooked orzo or rosamarina pasta
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
a few shakes of lemon pepper seasoning
1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt (optional)

DIRECTIONS

Cook turkey in 10-inch skillet over medium-high about 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown; drain.

Stir in remaining ingredients except yogurt. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 12 minutes, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed and pasta is tender. Serve with yogurt.


Recipe Rewind: Baked Ziti


1 comment: