Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Cake Batter Blondies



I am not afraid to admit I like shortcuts sometimes. When I find a dessert recipe that uses a cake mix I am all for it. I have a bad habit of buying cake mixes when they go on sale and then they just sit in my cabinet until they expire. So when I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it....besides, who doesn't like funfetti?!

From Six Sisters' Stuff

INGREDIENTS
1 box yellow (or Funfetti!) cake mix

1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 – 1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles (if you use a yellow cake mix, add these in)
1/2 cup white chocolate chips 

DIRECTIONS

Combine the cake mix, oil, and egg in a large bowl. Add the milk slowly – you want the batter to remain as dense as possible. Then mix in white chocolate chips.

Spray pan (either 8x11" or 9x9" pan) with non-stick cooking spray. Dump batter in pan and spread to the edges. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. They will be a little soft/gooey in the middle- just let them sit for about 20-30 minutes and they will set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment