Monday, March 9, 2009

Roasted Butternut Squash





So I don't like yellow squash, but everyone raves how great butternut squash is so I thought I would try it. I roasted it with olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh rosemary to make it more savory than sweet. Well guess what...I still don't like squash. It was ok, but it still tasted like squash, go figure! My mom thought it was great though. Maybe one day I will try a sweet version.

INGREDIENTS

1 butternut squash, peeled and cut up
extra virgin olive oil
salt
pepper
fresh rosemary, cut up

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Line baking sheet with foil.

Toss squash with olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary. Spread out on baking sheet.

Bake for about 20 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good to me. Kudos to you for trying something new. Sorry it let you down.

    ReplyDelete