Sunday, March 22, 2009

Salsa Chicken



I have seen Salsa Chicken all over the place. I am not sure who was the originator of the recipe and it seems like everyone has their own version. This was incredibly tasty and easy. It is pretty budget friendly too. Here is my version:

INGREDIENTS

5 boneless skinless chicken breast (frozen or thawed)
24 oz jar of salsa
1 can Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Cheese soup
taco seasoning
rice, tortillas, cheese, sour cream - optional

DIRECTIONS

Combine the first 4 ingredients in your slow cooker and cook on low. Mine cooked for about 11 hours while I was at work.

Shred chicken.

Serve over rice, in a tortilla, or in a tortilla with rice!

4 comments:

  1. The salsa chicken recipe never sounded good to me but yours does! I'm adding it to my meal plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this before...but it looks really good...i love simple cheap meals lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the simplest of things are the tastiest Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive never seen this before but now Im excited to try it! It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete