Monday, June 29, 2009

Fruit Salad


This may not look like anything exciting...but it is always a hit and had lots of pretty colors! I asked my Dad what he wanted for dessert for Fathers Day and this is what he requested. I was expecting him to say something like cheesecake, so I guess I got out easy! This is not a really a recipe and it is something you can really play around with. I like to mix canned fruit with fresh fruit to make things easier and more affordable for me. Here is what I did....

INGREDIENTS

1 can peaches, drained and cut up
1 can pineapple chunks, drained and reserve juice
1 can pears, drained and cut up
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
3 kiwis, peeled and cut up
1 container strawberries, cleaned, hulled and cut up
1 container blueberries, rinsed
1 bunch of green grapes, rinsed and separated
part of a packet of french vanilla instant pudding (you can play around with other flavors)

DIRECTIONS

Combine all fruit in a bowl. Add in some your reserved pineapple juice. The amount really depends on how wet you want your mixture. I added about 1/3 cup of juice. Then mix in some of the instant pudding. Again this all come down to your preference. I would say I mixed in about 1/4 of the powder packet.

Chill for a few hours, if possible, before serving.

3 comments:

  1. So colorful and fun and healthy! 2 years ago I wouldn't even eat this...now it looks incredibly tasty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cooking breakfast for my husbands family friday, and I'm thinking this needs to be added to the menu!

    ReplyDelete