Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thai Peanut Chicken Burgers



I recently become obsessed with Thai cuisine so when I saw this I had to give it a try. I squeezed some of the juice from the shredded carrots because I didn’t want to risk my burgers falling apart. Also, the original recipe called for ground ginger. I really wanted to add that to the mixture, but when I got home I realized I didn’t have any. Next time I make them I plan to add the ginger.

Adapted from Cara's Cravings, who adapted it from A Good Appetite

INGREDIENTS

16 oz ground chicken
¼ cup carrot, shredded
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
¼ cup natural peanut butter
salt & pepper

Chili Garlic Mayo-
¼ cup mayonnaise
3 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
hamburger buns of your choice

DIRECTIONS

Combine burger ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine thoroughly. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Form the chicken mixture into four patties. Cook for about 7-10 minutes per side, until cooked through. Serve on buns with chili garlic mayo.

2 comments:

  1. I love this Thai twist on burgers! I'd love to feature your blog and burger recipe in my weekly Burger Bunday. Just email me with the link and I'll include this Sunday! (Itsjoelen@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Who knew you were so obsessed with Thai food? certainly not I lol This looks and sounds absolutely delicious! I never would of thought of this....now we just need to get you eating Korean and see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete