Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jalapeno Popper Spread


As usual this isn't much to look at....but it was truly amazing (and extremely unhealthy). I read the reviews on this and people commented how much it really tasted like a jalapeno popper. Although I was hesitant, I gave it and try...and it really does taste like poppers! I added panko bread crumbs before putting it in the oven to give it a nice crunch like traditional fried jalapeno poppers have. This is a must try!

Adapted from Allrecipes.com

INGREDIENTS

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
4 ounces canned diced jalapeno peppers, drained
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
panko bread crumbs

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 375

Stir together cream cheese and mayonnaise in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in Parmesan cheese, green chiles and jalapeno peppers. Pour mixture into a 8x8 dish, and sprinkle with panko bread crumbs.

Bake until bubbly and panko starts browning...about 20 minutes.

One year ago: Risotto Cakes

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at a Christmas party when I first tasted this dip..Oh my...heaven!!! I recently brought it to two different parties..everyone love this!!!

    ReplyDelete