Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Chicken Gyros


I have seen this on numerous blogs, but never got around to it because it required planning and prepping. I usually just cook whatever I am in the mood for at that time. That was until I lost my voice and could not go to work. That gave me plenty of time. It was nice to be off of work “sick” but still feel great and be able to whatever I want (expect speak).

From Elly Says Opa

INGREDIENTS

3 chicken breasts
4 cloves garlic, smashed
Juice of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons
red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 heaping tablespoons plain yogurt
1 tablespoon dried oregano
salt and pepper
tzatiki *see post below
sliced tomatoes
pitas

DIRECTIONS

Whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, yogurt, and oregano in a bowl. Add the chicken and rub the marinade in a resealable bag. Place in the refrigerator for about an hour.

Preheat the broiler. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides, and then broil until cooked through, about 7 minutes per side, depending what size/type chicken you are using.

Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes before slicing into strips.

Heat your pitas to make them pliable. Stuff the pita with the chicken, tzatziki and tomatoes.

One year ago: Irish Beef Hand Pies

No comments:

Post a Comment