Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Roasted Asparagus and Tomato Salad


To celebrate my step-moms birthday I wanted to make a dish with asparagus because she loves it. But due to the timing of everything it had to be something that could be served cold or room temperature. Also, I do not even like asparagus so I talked with my mom to see if this idea would even work and she gave it the go-ahead. Everyone really did enjoy. I did try a piece of asparagus after roasting it and yeah, I still do not like it. I wanted to use cherry or grape tomatoes for this, but the store was out.

INGREDIENTS

1 bundle asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
3 tomatoes seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon chopped basil
salt
pepper

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat the asparagus in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange asparagus on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Cool and cut in half on a diagonal. (I cooked mine a little longer because the people I was serving do not like the asparagus to have a bite to it.)

Combine balsamic vinegar, garlic and onion powder and set aside. Gently mix together asparagus and tomatoes and stir in vinegar mixture. Garnish with fresh basil. (I accidentally took my photo before adding the basil, oops!)

One year ago: Brownie Pudding


No comments:

Post a Comment