Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Oven-Fried Pickles




I am a huge fan of fried pickles. When see them on a menu out some place I must have them. I've never tried to make them myself because I try to avoid frying things at home. (I have to draw the line somewhere, ha!) Imagine my excitement when I saw a baked version. Although you can't beat a true fried pickle, these were a great substitute.

From Prevention RD

INGREDIENTS

20 ounce jar dill burger slice pickles (I used a small jar of dill chips)
2 eggs
1/3 cup flour
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs

DIRECTIONS

Turn oven broiler on to 450 F.

In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and flour together. Add worcestershire, hot sauce, garlic powder, cajun seasoning, and pepper to egg mixture. Mix well.

Place panko bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Dunk each pickle slice into the egg mixture, than dredge it in the panko bread crumbs.

Place coated pickles on a baking sheet that’s been coated with non-stick cooking spray. Place pan in middle rack of oven. Broil about 2-3 minutes on each side. Watch closely to be sure they don’t burn

Recipe Rewind: Chicken and Orzo and Overnight French Toast





1 comment: