Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pretzel Crusted Mustard Chicken


This is a variation of a recipe I received for a recipe swap. I decided and to simply it a little, and I opted not to make the cheese sauce since I didn’t have any milk around. Plus I am trying to eat better and cheese sauce is a huge weakness of mine, ha!

Adapted from Kate's Recipe Box

2 chicken breasts, cut into strips (6 strips total)
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 heaping tablespoon stone ground mustard
5 ounces pretzels, finely crushed
shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Mix butter and mustard in a shallow dish. Place crushed pretzels in a separate shallow dish.

Dip chicken strips into the butter mixture making sure the entire piece is coated. Then dip into pretzels. Place strips into a casserole dish.

Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes, turning once, until juice runs clear and chicken is no longer pink at the thickest part.

Sprinkle cheese on the strips as soon as they come out of the oven.

Recipe Rewind: Creamy and Zesty Black Beans with Corn and Baked Southwest Eggrolls


1 comment:

  1. I made this with pork chops earlier this week and was surprised by how tasty it was! I love the mustard/pretzel combination. it was wonderful-thank you!

    ReplyDelete