Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Key Lime Pie




This key lime pie recipe could not be any easier. I did take some help from bottled key lime juice. My local store did not have an fresh key limes and they can be little pricey. Even with the bottled stuff this pie is tart, creamy and refreshing.

From: Nellie and Joe's Key Lime Juice

INGREDIENTS

9" graham cracker pie crust
14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
3 egg yolks (whites not used)
½ cup Nellie & Joe's Key West Lime Juice

DIRECTIONS

Combine milk, egg yolks and lime juice. Blend until smooth (I used a blender). Pour filling into pie crust and bake at 350ยบ for 15 minutes. Allow to stand 10 minutes before refrigerating. Just before serving, top with freshly whipped cream, or meringue, and garnish with lime slices....which obviously I did not do.


Recipe Rewind: Southwestern Pulled Brisket

1 comment:

  1. I'm a Floridian & this recipe makes, hands-down the best key lime pie!

    ReplyDelete