Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mediterranean Style Pasta Salad


I came across a recipe for Pasta with Lemon, Feta and Arugula and it really got me thinking about my own creation. This is serisouly the most amazing pasta salad EVER. It has the perfect balance of flavors and textures. I only made a half batch because I didn't know how it would turn out, but I wish I had made a full batch, it was so good.

INGREDIENTS

pasta, cooked and drained
spinach, chopped
chickpeas, drained and rinsed
grape tomatoes, cut in half
black olives, cut in half
feta cheese, crumbled

Dressing
extra virgin olive oil
fresh lemon juice
Dijon mustard
white pepper, black pepper and salt to taste

DIRECTIONS

Combine the top 6 ingredients in a bowl.

Whisk together your dressing ingredients and pour over your pasta mixture. Toss thoroughly.

Honestly, this is good warm or cold. Serve however you would like =) !

6 comments:

  1. This looks great Melissa! Do you have approximate amounts for the ingredients?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey - Sorry, I am going to make it again so I can give measurements. I didn't know if it would be any good so I didn't bother to write anything down when I made it. A TOTAL GUESS would be 1/2 lb pasta, cup of spinach, 3/4 cup tomato, olives and feta, 1/2 can chickpeas. For the dressing I would say the juice of one lemon, 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons EVOO, 1 and a half tablespoons dijon, salt and pepper to your preference. I hope that helps a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a delicious and colorful salad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love any and all pasta salad - this looks great!

    ReplyDelete