Thursday, March 11, 2010

Croissant and Chocolate Bread Pudding


I had never had bread pudding. It had never really appealed to me...until I saw this recipe. I tried it when I first came out of oven and I still wasn't sold on it. BUT once it sat and cooled and the liquid absorbed more, I was a fan! The buttery croissants and rich chocolate are a great pair.

From Noble Pig, who adapted it from Real Simple, best recipes

INGREDIENTS

Unsalted butter for the baking dish
6 large egg yolks
2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
6 croissants, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 pound)
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate (70% cacao), cut into chunks

DIRECTIONS

In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, salt and nutmeg. Add the croissants and chocolate and mix to combine.

Transfer the mixture to a buttered, 8-inch square baking dish and bake in a 375 degree oven until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean, 30-40 minutes.

Serve warm or room temperature.

One year ago: Pepper Cheese Muffins

1 comment:

  1. croissants and chocolate... two of my favorite things! looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete