Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Chili Lime Rice


I have seen cilantro lime rice pop up all over, but I am not a big fan of cilantro. I wanted to do something with lime and rice, so chili lime rice was created! Now, when it comes to lemon and lime I like the flavor to really be there. So if you prefer just a hint, I would suggest to cut back a little on the lime.

INGREDIENTS

1 cup white rice
2 cups of chicken broth/stock
3/4 tablespoon chili powder
zest of of 1 lime
juice of 2 limes
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper

DIRECTIONS

Combine rice, water and chili powder in a pan, bring to a boil, cover and reduce to low. Cook about 20 minutes, or until rice is tender.

While rice is cooking whisk together the lime zest, juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Add this mixture to cooked rice and coat well.

One year ago: Pepperoni and Parmesan Pasta Salad


No comments:

Post a Comment