Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lentils with Pasta


I participated in another recipe swap and this time around it was pasta themed. My recipe was Pasta with Lentils. It piqued my interested because I had never mixed the two. I was also little worried because I am not a huge fan of lentils unless they are heavily flavored…think Indian cuisine. Since lentils are not easily found in stores near me and I wanted to get the most flavor possible I went looking at recipes that incorporated pasta and lentils. I wanted the recipe to be similar to the swap recipe, but I still wanted something to accommodate my tastes and ingredients I could easily obtain. The recipe I made did the trick!

INGREDIENTS

1 cup dry orzo pasta
1 14.5 ounce can vegetable lentil soup
1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
salt
pepper
splash of balsamic vinegar
Parmesan cheese, shredded

DIRECTIONS

Boil pasta in salted water according to directions on box.

In a separate pot combine soup and tomatoes. Heat over medium heat until warmed though; add a splash of balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste and turned down low.

Combine orzo pasta and lentil mixture and top each serving with parmesan cheese.

Recipe Rewind: Better Than Sex Cake and Jalapeno Popper Spread


No comments:

Post a Comment