Monday, April 4, 2011

Orzo with Garbanzo Beans and Goat Cheese


I went searching for a recipe when I realized I had some goat cheese sitting around with no purpose. While searching I added chick peas (garbanzo beans) to the list because I am lazy and didn't feel like thawing and cooking meat. The original recipe calsl for oregano, but I used dill since I had some on hand. This dish was very satisfying...creamy, comforting and had a nice bite from the chick peas.

Adapted from Epicurious

INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 cups orzo (about 9 ounces)
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1 15- to 15 1/2-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed, drained
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
15-ounce log soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)

DIRECTIONS

Cook orzo in large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, stirring occasionally. Drain orzo.

Whisk olive oil, fresh lemon juice, and minced garlic to blend in large serving bowl. Add drained garbanzo beans, cooked orzo, and chopped fresh dill; toss salad to coat. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper. Gently stir in crumbled goat cheese. Serve orzo salad warm or at room temperature.

Recipe Rewind: Party Roll-ups and Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf



No comments:

Post a Comment