Friday, May 13, 2011

Italian Beef Sandwiches




This is another recipe from an exchange. The theme was sandwiches or burgers this time around. I was happy when I saw a recipe I could throw in the slow cooker from The Cooking Nurse. There is nothing better then coming home to the smell of dinner in the air. I used a sirloin tip roast for this is it worked perfectly. The main thing I did differently was I separated the fat from the juice out of the slow cooker and mixed it in with the meat to keep it from getting dry.

Adapted from: Midwest Living

INGREDIENTS

1 (4 pound) boneless beef sirloin roast or beef rump roast
1/2 cup water
1 package dry Italian dressing
2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
10-12 hoagie buns
1 1/2 cups shredded Italian cheese (I used sliced provolone)
pickles, sliced onion, sliced pepperoncini peppers (optional)

DIRECTIONS

Place beef in a 4-5 quart slow cooker. Add water, dry Italian dressing, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, and garlic powder. Cover and cook on low for 10-11 hours. Shred meat with two forks and place on hoagie buns. Top with cheese and peppers if using.

Recipe Rewind: Warm Bacon Potato Salad and Lemon Cheesecake Ball









No comments:

Post a Comment