Friday, May 20, 2011

Taco Pizza



I have been wanting to make some type of Mexican inspired pizza for a while now. When I saw my pick for this weeks recipe swap I was happy to see this Taco Pizza from The Weekly Pizza. And by that way, was a great idea for a food blog! This weeks swap theme was vegetarian. I am sure this would also be great with some shredded chicken or ground beef. You can really make this pizza your own by simply using what you have on hand.

INGREDIENTS

1 ball of pizza dough
taco sauce
1 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
taco seasoning
shredded cheddar cheese
1 tomato, diced
1 avocado diced (I omitted)
shredded lettuce or fresh baby spinach (I just garnished mine with fresh parsley)
sour cream

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven - 475 F.

Prep pizza crust on the pan. Stretch ball of dough out to about 12-14 inches. Cook on lowest rack for 5 minutes. Slightly mash black beans in a bowl and add taco seasoning to taste. Top the taco sauce and then the beans and tomatoes*. Top with the cheddar cheese. Place back in oven for 9-11 minutes.

After pizza is cooked, top with a layer of sour cream, the lettuce, spinach or parsley and diced avocados.

*The original recipe calls for the tomatoes to be place on after the pizza is cooked, but I prefer mine heated with the pizza.

Recipe Rewind: Cheddar Ale Spread and Cauliflower Pie with Grated Potato Crust






No comments:

Post a Comment