Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Marlboro Man Sandwich


I always had cube steak growing up, but never in a sandwich. After years of seeing this recipe I finally gave it a try. I am happy to say I am glad I did. As you may be able to guess I omitted the onions (I hate them) when I made this, but I have kept them in the recipe below because chances are you will prefer it that way. Although I took away the onions, I couldn’t resist the urge to add cheese to this. Cheese is a must when it comes to sandwiches. This is a great fast weeknight dinner.

From: The Pioneer Woman

INGREDIENTS

1 whole large onion
2 sticks butter
2-3 pounds cube steak
seasoned salt, such as Lawry’s
½ cups (approximately) Worcestershire sauce
hot sauce, to taste
4 whole French/deli rolls
provolone cheese – optional

DIRECTIONS

Slice onions and cook in 1/4 stick butter until soft and light brown. Remove and set aside.

Slice cube steak against the grain. Season with Lawry’s.

Heat 2 tablespoons butter over high heat (in same skillet) until melted and beginning to brown. Add meat in single layer. Cook one side until brown, then flip and cook until brown, about a minute on both sides.

Add 1/2 cup (at least) Worcestershire sauce, 5 to 6 shakes Tabasco, and 2 tablespoons butter. Add cooked onions. Stir to combine.

Butter halved French rolls and brown in skillet.

To assemble, lay bottom half of French roll on plate. Place meat mixture, followed by a spoonful of juice from the pan. Top with cheese and other half of roll.

Recipe Rewind: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins and Peanut Butter and Cream Brownie Torte





No comments:

Post a Comment