Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sour Cream Blueberry Pancakes




This time around the recipe swap theme was breakfast. I submitted a Vegetable and Cheese Frittata, and in return I got the sweet treat of pancakes. Honestly I had never made pancakes from scratch before so it was nice to try something new to me. My swap recipe was really for Coconut Lime Pancakes, but due to my tastes and what I keep on hand I used her inspiration of Sour Cream Blueberry Pancakes.


INGREDIENTS

1 ½ cups flour
3 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup sour cream
¾ cup milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup fresh blueberries
Shortening to grease the griddle

DIRECTIONS

Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In another bowl combine sour cream, milk, eggs, vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix only until combined. Gently fold in the blueberries. Grease the skillet with shortening. Pour the pancake batter into the skillet and cook until bubbles appear on top and the bottom is nicely browned. Flip the pancakes over and cook for another minute or so until its browned. Serve warm with maple syrup.

Recipe Rewind: Creamy Goat Cheese Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes and Chicken










No comments:

Post a Comment