Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Italian Layer Dip


Layer dips are pretty popular, but it seems like most of them are Mexican themed. I was happy when I saw a Mediterranean one, and that got me to thinking that an Italian one would be a nice change. I had a few ideas in my head, but they seemed more pizza-like than what I wanted. Then pesto came to mind and I came up with this. There are no real measurements besides an 8 ounce block of cream cheese. You can really do whatever suits your tastes. Just be sure not to use too much pesto so it isn't overwhelming.

INGREDIENTS

1 - 8 ounce block cream cheese, softened
chopped pepperoni
basil pesto
sun-dried tomato pesto
grated Parmesan cheese
sliced black olives
crackers

DIRECTIONS

Mix together cream cheese and pepperoni and spread into a pie plate. Layer on basil pesto, sun-dried tomato pesto, Parmesan cheese and black olives. Serve with crackers.


Recipe Rewind: Chicken Gyros and Tzatziki





3 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I'm imagining it baked a little and spread on baguettes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea to make an Italian layer dip, because you're right, all I ever see are Mexican ones. I am definitely trying this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great variation on this dip! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete