Friday, January 16, 2009

Chili-Garlic Roasted Broccoli




I saw this Rachael Ray recipe and decided to try it out for a new broccoli dish. It was very easy and tasty!

INGREDIENTS

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, eyeball it
5 to 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I used 4 in a garlic press)
1 tablespoon chili powder (I used 3/4 of a tablespoon)
1 tablespoon grill seasoning blend (recommended:Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick Grill Mates)
1 large head broccoli, cut into thin, long spears

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Place extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, chili powder and grill seasoning in the bottom of a large bowl and add the broccoli spears. Toss to coat broccoli evenly then transfer to a large nonstick baking sheet. Roast the broccoli until ends are crisp and brown and stalks are tender, 17 to 20 minutes

1 comment:

  1. No way could that possibly have been tasty! Guess I will just have to take your word for it! I am, however, glad to see that my favorite foodie is back in action...broccoli and all!

    ReplyDelete