Friday, January 9, 2009

Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff




I made this for my best friend and her family after they were moved out of their home due to an unfortunate fire. The good news is they should be back in their house next month!!

Adapted from Allrecipes.com

INGREDIENTS

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed (I used 6)
1/8 cup margarine (I used butter)
1 .7 oz package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
1 8 oz package cream cheese
1 10.75 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup (I used low fat)
White Wine (I added about 3 tablespoons)
Worcestershire Sauce (I added about 2 teaspoons)
Sour Cream (I added about 1/4 cup)
Egg Noodles

DIRECTIONS

Put chicken, margarine, white wine and dressing mix in slow cooker; mix together and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.

Add cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, sour cream and soup, mix together and cook on high for another 1/2 hour or until heated through and warm.

Serve over egg noodles.

1 comment:

  1. yum! I just bookmarked this recipe to make sometime soon. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete