Monday, July 13, 2009

Artichoke Tapenade and Spinach Stuffed Shells


I bought my mom a big jar of Artichoke Tapenade from BJ's and wanted to use some up in a pasta dish. She LOVED it. She said I should enter the recipe in a contest...but she could of just been saying that because she is my mom =) .

INGREDIENTS

¾ cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dried
¾ cup artichoke tapenade
1 ¼ cup ricotta cheese
½ cup grated parmesan, divided
1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
garlic powder
italian seasoning
salt and pepper
10 large pasta shells

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350.

Boil shells until al dente. Drain and set aside to cool.

Heat tomato sauce and add in Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Simmer.

Combine spinach, artichoke tapenade, ricotta cheese, ¼ cup parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Evenly stuff mixture into shells. (I like my shells nice and full)

Place ¼ cup of tomato sauce mixture in an 8X8 baking dish. Place shells in dish and cover with remaining tomato sauce mixture and ¼ cup parmesan cheese.

Cover and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 7-10 minutes.







2 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I don't think you can go wrong with spinach and ricotta!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very appealing visually! I think you should enter it into a contest too... and I'm not your Mom ; )

    ReplyDelete