Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork


This is my super easy go-to pulled pork BBQ recipe. I originally tried because I love root beer. But don't worry you non-root beer fans...it does not taste like root beer.

Adapted from Allrecipes

INGREDIENTS

1 (2 pound) pork loin
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
1 (18 ounce) bottle your favorite barbecue sauce - I used Sweet Baby Ray's
8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
salt, pepper, garlic powder

DIRECTIONS

Place the pork loin in a slow cooker, fat side up. Sprinkle on salt, pepper and garlic powder; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours. Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker. *I cook mine about 11-12 hours while I am at work and it comes out just fine.* Drain well. Remove fat from top of pork lion and discard. Stir in barbecue sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.

3 comments:

  1. I can't even stand to look at that picture.... my brain bubbles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like root beer, so I make this with coke and it is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture looks awesome! I actually make this with coke :-) and I love it!

    ReplyDelete