Friday, March 25, 2011

Bacon, Spinach and Goat Cheese Pasta


I participated in another recipe exchange and was once again delighted with my results. As soon as I received my recipe I was excited to try it out. The theme this time around was a quick dinner that could be made in less than an hour with minimal ingredients. This dish comes together quickly and has a great balance or flavors.

From Alexa (LexiMS)

INGREDIENTS

1/2 lb dry pasta
4-6 slices thick center cut bacon
3 cups fresh spinach
2 oz soft goat cheese, crumbled (I may have used more)
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1 pinch crushed red pepper
salt and pepper

DIRECTIONS

Cook pasta according to directions on the box. While pasta is cooking, cook bacon in a skillet until crisp, drain on paper towels and roughly chop. When pasta is finished drain and return to the pot, add spinach and cover for 1 minute. Add crumbled goat cheese, olive oil, lemon zest and crushed red pepper. Stir until the goat cheese is melted. Add bacon and toss. Add salt and pepper to taste. **I did reserve a little pasta water to stir in to get everything moving around a little easier.**

Recipe Rewind: Cranberry Pumpkin Bread and Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake




No comments:

Post a Comment